The Workforce Policy Group includes representatives from Social Care Wales, WLGA, HR directors in local authorities, health, social care workforce managers and lead workforce directors from each of the seven regions.
It meets on a quarterly basis.
Policy lead: Jonathan Griffiths (Pembrokeshire)
- To determine ADSS Cymru National Workforce Policy
- To initiate, monitor and deliver the ADSS Cymru Workforce Policy Group Work Programme
- To consider on ADSS Cymru’s behalf any issue which impinges on workforce development
- To identify and prioritise key challenges working collaboratively with other ADSS Cymru networks, regions or other groups
- To provide an ADSS Cymru perspective in response to consultation requests from Government and Government agencies
- To support the ADSS Cymru Executive and ADSS Cymru members in the management of diversity and inclusivity in employment and training practices
The group is linked to the All Wales Workforce Managers Group and has lead responsibility in ADSS Cymru for issues relating to:
- The national workforce strategy and its implementation
- National workforce transformation and change initiatives
- Strategic workforce planning and development
- Learning and development, competency and qualification frameworks
- Recruitment, retention and careers initiatives
- ADSS Cymru representation and links with national regulatory and training bodies