Our vision as the voice of the professional and strategic leadership of social care services in Wales is to safeguard all individuals and to make a positive difference to the well-being and independence of people who access care and support, by:
- arguing the case for strong and responsive social care services
- giving citizens real control and a stronger voice
- enabling people to live their lives fully and achieve what matters to them by focusing on preventative services and support
- building on citizens’ strengths and the strengths of those around them, particularly in relation to safeguarding and personal responsibility
- supporting the professional development of our social care workforce to provide the highest level of care and support to our citizens.
As a membership organisation it is our role to support and assist the professional development and understanding of ADSS Cymru members and to support them to provide the professional advice to cabinet members and leaders across local government.