ADSS Cymru continues to work with Welsh Government and others partners and stakeholders including WLGA, to ensure effective implementation of national policy and subsequent service change, playing a key role in converting the rhetoric to reality.
The introduction of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 translated a large amount of policy development into statute and ADSS Cymru continues to play a pivotal role in supporting its implementation and identifying those areas of innovation.
Recent examples include our work with:
- National Fostering Framework
- National Adoption Service
- Welsh Community Care Information System (WCCIS) rollout
- National Approach to Children Statutory Advocacy Service
- Co-ordination of regional and local authority activity in supporting the implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
- National Commissioning Board.