Our three-year strategy sets out the vision of the Association of Directors of Social Services Cymru (ADSS Cymru), the voice of professional and strategic leadership of social care services in Wales, to safeguard all individuals and to make a positive difference to the well-being and independence of people who access care and support in Wales.
The strategy, which covers the period 2018-2021, identifies five priority areas of activity that ADSS Cymru will engage in through its programmes of work, to achieve its ambition. These are to:
- argue the case for strong and responsive social care services
- give citizens real control and a stronger voice
- enable people to live their lives fully and achieve what matters to them by focusing on preventative services and support
- build on citizens’ strengths and the strengths of those around them, particularly in relation to safeguarding and personal responsibility
- support the professional development of the social care workforce to provide the highest level of care and support to our citizens.